As College Park Church strives to "present everyone mature in Christ" (Col. 1:28), we encourage you to utilize the resources available to you pursue growth in your Christian walk.
We believe that discipleship is an integral piece of the mission of, “Igniting a passion to follow Jesus,” and should be woven into the fabric of all believers’ lives. Discipleship relationships allow us to live out the mission by intentionally modeling and maturity in Christ and multiplying it in others. Our passion is to see the hope of gospel-centered discipleship affect our own lives, and be used as a catalyst for real life change in the lives of others.
Have you ever wondered what books or resources the church would suggest for a specific issue that you or a friend may be walking through? Here is a comprehensive list of resources on a wide range of topics.
College Park Study Guide for Colossians Study Guide
*For hard copies of this resource, please email Dustin Crowe.
The Gospel-Centered Life by Bob Thune BUY ONLINE
Opening up John’s Gospel by Andrew Paterson BUY ONLINE
Redemption by Mike Wilkerson BUY ONLINE
Discipleship Essentials by Greg Ogden BUY ONLINE
Basics for Believers by Jim Berg BUY ONLINE
Fundamentals of the Faith by John MacArthur BUY ONLINE
Spiritual Disciplines by Donald Whitney BUY ONLINE
Changed into His Image by Jim Berg BUY ONLINE
Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges BUY ONLINE
Decision Making and the Will of God by Gerry Friesen BUY ONLINE
How People Change by Timothy Lane and Paul Tripp BUY ONLINE
Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands by Paul Tripp BUY ONLINE
We want to hear from you! Are you involved in a discipleship relationship that's bearing fruit? How have you seen God show up powerfully in the context of a discipleship relationship? Whether you are the disciple-maker or the disciple, we'd love to hear your stories of life change and how God is conforming you to the image of Jesus through discipleship.
THINK|17: "God's Truth Abideth Still"
Speaker: Dr. Erwin Lutzer
2017 Redeeming Singleness Conference
Session 1: Redeeming Singleness in the Church (Pastor Mark Vroegop)
Session 2: Redeeming Singleness Like Those Before Us (David Hoffeditz)
Session 3: Redeeming Singleness: The Big Picture & Me (Pastor Joe Bartemus)
THINK|13: "Finding Your Place in God's Story"
THINK|12: "Is Revival Possible Today?"
Speaker: Collin Hansen
- Session 1: Discerning Revival
- Session 2: Pray for Church Unity
- Session 3: International Revival
- Session 4: Contemporary Revival
- Session 5/Sunday Sermon: God is There, And He Cares
- Panel Discussion with Collin Hansen, Mark Vroegop, & Joe Bartemus
THINK|11: "Does It Matter How I'm Forgiven?"
Speaker: Dr. D. A. Carson
- Speaker Introduction
- Session 1: The Ironies of the Cross
- Session 2: The Center of the Whole Bible
- Session 3: The Strange Triumph of a Slaughtered Lamb
- Session 4: A Miracle Full of Surprises
- Session 5: Doubting the Resurrection of Jesus
- Q & A Session with Dr. Carson & Joe Bartemus, Pastor of Theological Development
THINK|10: "Why Everything You Do Matters to God"
Speaker: Michael Wittmer
- Session 1: Creation: Who Am I & Why Am I Here?
- Session 2: Fall: What Is Wrong With Me & With My World?
- Session 3: Redemption: Where Is Heaven & What Will We Do There?
- Session 4: Putting It All Together: How Shall We Live?
- Q & A Session with Dr. Wittmer and Joe Bartemus, Pastor of Theological Development
THINK|09: "Does the Trinity Matter?"
Speaker: Dr. Bruce Ware
- Session 1: God in Three Persons: History of the Development of the Doctrine of the Trinity
- Session 2: Relation of the Son to the Father within the Trinity
- Session 3: Relation of the Son to the Spirit within the Trinity
- Session 4: Practical Implications from the Trinity for Life in the Family and in the Church
- Q/A Session
- Post-conference Private Interview (Dr. Bruce Ware, Mark Vroegop, Joe Bartemus)
Classes & Bible Studies
These booklets and videos with Mark Vroegop & Joe Bartemus will help you better understand the basic and fundamental beliefs of the Christian faith and challenge you to see how your story intersects with God's story.
Biblical Counseling Basic Training
Foundations of Biblical Counseling
Worksheets and Reference Tools
- Bible Study Application Worksheet blank
- Bible Study Application Worksheet example
- Tree Diagram Process of Change
- Tree Diagram Key Elements
- Heart Diagram
- Soul Care Questions
Counseling Life Issues
Resources can be purchased through Amazon and other online bookstores.
- A Fight to the Death: Taking Aim at Sin Within by Wayne Mack
- The Heart of Addictions by Mark Shaw
- Unpacking Forgiveness by Chris Brauns
- When People are Big and God Is Small by Ed Welch
- If I’m A Christian, Why Am I Depressed? By Robert B. Somerville
- Men Counseling Men by John Street
- Women Counseling Women by Elyse Fitzpatrick
- Motives "Why Do I Do the Things I Do? by Edward T. Welch
- Depression: The Way Up When You Are Down by Edward T. Welch
- Anger, Anxiety and Fear by Stuart Scott
- Fear: Breaking Its Grip by Lou Priolo
- Freedom from Resentment by Robert D. Jones
- Forgiveness: "I Just Can't Forgive Myself!" by Robert D. Jones
- 'Just One More' When Desires Don't Take No for an Answer by Edward T. Welch
- Suffering:Eternity Makes a Difference by Paul David Tripp
Counseling in Relationships
Books can be purchases on Amazon and other online bookstores.
- What to Do When Your Marriage Goes Sour? by Jay Adams.
- Your Family, God’s Way: Developing and Sustaining Relationships in the Home by Wayne Mack
- The Case of the Hopeless Marriage: A Nouthetic Counseling Case from Beginning to End by Jay Adams.
- 21 Ways to be a Leader in the Home
- 50 Question to Ask Your Husband
- 50 Question to Ask Your Wife
- Help with the Gray Areas of Life
- Nine Effective Ways to Disciple Your Husband While Submitting to Him
- Simple Plan for Child Rearing
- Ways a Husband May Express Love to His Wife
- Ways a Wife May Express Love to Her Husband
Biblical Counseling Advanced Topics
Counseling . . .
Counseling Self and the Glory of God - NOTES AUDIO
Counseling Through James
Theology for Life Class Notes
Biblical Decision-Making Class Notes
Lesson 1 - Purpose NOTES
Lesson 2 - Scripture Memorization NOTES
Lesson 3 - The Counselor & 3 Trees diagram NOTES
Parenting for Life Class Notes
Lesson 1 - Parent's Priorities NOTES
Lesson 2 - Parent's Challenges NOTES
Lesson 3 - Parent's Discipline NOTES
Lesson 5 - Parent's Encouragement NOTES
How to Use Scripture in Counseling Class Notes
Lesson 1 - Foundation & Framework NOTES
Lesson 2 - Where to Begin NOTES
Lesson 3 - Empowered Discipleship NOTES
Lesson 4 - Bringing it Together NOTES
Conflict Resolution Class Notes
Lesson 1 - Observations NOTES
Lesson 2 - Foundations NOTES
Lesson 3 - Framework NOTES
Lesson 4 - Reconciliation NOTES
Identity & Gender Class Notes
Lesson 3 - Biblical View of Gender NOTES
Biblical & Personal Complaint Worksheets
Biblical Complaint Bible Study Worksheet
Personal Complaint Worksheet
Lament Psalms Tables
2017-2018 Women's Precept Study Audio
Fall 2017 Revelation Part 1 Precept Study- Taught by Diana Standridge
Revelation Part 1 Lesson 6: October 18, 2017 Audio
Revelation Part 1 Lesson 5: October 11, 2017 Audio
Revelation Part 1 Lesson 4: October 4, 2017 Audio
Revelation Part 1, Lesson 3: September 27, 2017
Revelation Part 1, Lesson 2: September 20, 2017 Audio
Revelation Part 1, Lesson 1: September 13, 2017 Audio
Revelation Part 1, Introduction: September 6, 2017 Audio
Winter 2017 Daniel Part 2 Precept Study
Daniel Part 2, Lesson 10: March 29, 2017
Daniel Part 2, Lesson 9: March 22, 2017 Audio
Daniel Part 2, Lesson 8: March 15, 2017 Audio
Daniel Part 2, Lesson 7: March 8, 2017 Audio
Daniel Part 2, Lesson 6: March 1, 2017 Audio
Daniel Part 2, Lesson 5: Feb. 22, 2017 Audio
Daniel Part 2, Lesson 4: Feb. 15, 2017 Audio
Daniel Part 2, Lesson 3: Feb. 8, 2017 audio
Daniel Part 2, Lesson 2: Feb. 1, 2017 Audio
Daniel, Part 2, Lesson 1: Jan 24, 2017 Audio
Daniel Part 2 Introduction: Jan. 17, 2017 Audio
Fall 2016 Daniel Part 1 Precept Study
Daniel Lesson 8: Nov. 17, 2016 audio
Daniel Lesson 7: Nov. 10, 2016 audio
Daniel Lesson 6: Nov. 3, 2016 Audio
Daniel Lesson 5: Oct. 27, 2016 audio
Daniel Lesson 4: Oct. 20, 2016 audio
Daniel Lesson 3: Oct. 13, 2016 Audio
Daniel Lesson 2: Sept. 29, 2016 Audio
Daniel Lesson 1: Sept. 22, 2016 Audio
Daniel Intro: Sept. 14, 2016 Audio
Rhythms of Grace: A Study on Spiritual Disciplines Study Guide
College Park Study Guide for Colossians
LIVE|16: "Why We Believe the Bible"
LIVE|15: "Ordinary Revolution"
Sermons in the Ordinary Revolution series
A Stick Becomes the Staff of God by Denis Haack
Discerning and Exercising Spiritual Gifts by Tim Keller
LIVE|14: "Mistaken Identity"
LIVE|13: "Dangerous: Finding Freedom from Anger"
Main Session 1: When Anger is your Friend
Main Session 2: Overcoming Anger
When Anger Impacts Your Marriage
When Anger Drives Your Parenting
Dealing with Anger When You're Single
The Lasting Effects of Anger
When You are Angry at God
Living in an Angry World
When Money Makes You Angry
- List of Recommended Books, Articles, & Videos on Anger
- How to Discern Anger
- Preambles to Anger
- Getting Angry about your Anger
- 10 Steps to Raising an Angry Child
- Anger (mis)Management
- Our "Rights" and What God Says About Them
- Goodbye Loved Ones (poem by Gary Meeks)
- The Surpassing Joy of Christ (poem by Gary Meeks)
- Your Purpose in Life as it Relates to Anger
- Your Identity and How God Responds
- The "SPECK" Bible Study Method
- Put Off / Put On List (from Life Action Ministries)
- Good Questions to Spark Further Conversation
- Goal Setting Weekend (from Ron Blue & Co.)
LIVE|12: "Licensed to Kill"
Life after LIVE
Marriage & Family
2017-2018 Parent Meeting
Parent Meetings are designed to give parents an overview of what to expect for the current school year, as well as point them in the right direction for various Next Generation resources.
Weekly Parent and Child Resource Page
Recommended Bible Story Books For Toddlers
Recommended Bible Story Books For Preschoolers
Recommended Bible Story Books For School-Aged Children
The Mighty Acts of God by Starr Meade Buy Online
The Wondrous Works of God by Starr Meade Buy Online
The Bible Picture Story Bible by David Helm Buy Online
The Gospel Story Bible by Marty Machowski Buy Online
The Child's Story Bible by Catherine Vos Buy online*older resource with few pictures but great text; good for older elementary students
My Bible Story Book by Dena Korfker Buy Online *older resource with few pictures but great text; good for older elementary students
Other Recommended Resources for Children
Everything a Child Should Know About God by Kenneth Taylor Buy Online (a "systematic theology" for children)
A Faith to Grow On: Important Things You Should Know Now That You Believe by John MacArthur Buy Online ("Theology in a nutshell, especially for kids," for school-aged children)
ESV Illustrated Family Bible by Crossway Pub. Buy Online (270 selections from the Bible with color illustrations)
Making Him Known Series (God's Names, God's Promises, God's Word, etc.) by Sally Michael, Jill Nelson Buy Online
Below are pastor read and approved books and resources on a variety of topics and life issues.
For Sale in North Indy Resource Area
Transformational Discipleship by Eric Gieger BUY ONLINE
Gospel-Centered Discipleship by Jonathan Dodson BUY ONLINE
How People Change by Tim Lane & Paul Tripp BUY ONLINE
Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands by Paul Tripp BUY ONLINE
Now That I'm A Christian by C. Michael Patton Buy Online
Relationships: A Mess Worth Making by Tim Lane & Paul Tripp Buy online
The Faithful Parent by Stuart Scott buy online
Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp buy online
Peacemaking for Families by Ken Sande buy online
The Heart of Anger by Lou Priolo Buy Online
Age of Opportunity by Paul Tripp buy online
You Never Stop Being a Parent by Elyse Fitzpatrick Buy Online
Sticky Situations by Betsy Schmitt Buy online
Walking with God Through Pain & Suffering by Tim Keller buy online
Trusting God by Jerry Bridges Buy online
Suffering and the Sovereignty of God by John Piper buy online
When Life is Hard by James MacDonald buy online
Comforts from Romans by Elyse Fitzpatrick Buy online
Down, But Not Out by Wayne Mack buy online