Preschool Sunday School
The purpose of the Preschool Ministry (age 3 to Pre-kindergarten) is to partner with parents in nurturing the spiritual formation of children. Our preschool classes, The Pond, The Woods, and the Prairie, all have the following key components:
- Deep Truths: We believe that young children are capable of learning deep truths. Rather than a story-moral approach, we look at the Bible as God's story.
- Play: Activity centers are designed to bridge the gap between the concrete world of the child and the abstract world of the Bible.
- Catechism: Some of our classes use catechism questions and answers to reinforce the biblical truths that are taught.
- Small Groups (The Woods & The Prairie): Children are assigned a small group for the school year to facilitate the development of relationships with each other, their adult leader, and, most importantly, Jesus Christ. While children in The Pond have small group time, they do not have assigned small groups.
- Consistent Teachers: Our teachers and small group leaders are assigned to the classroom for the school year or the summer term.
- Safety: We believe that effective learning occurs when there is a low child-to-adult ratio. We also take the children on "rope" walks to train them how to walk orderly in case we need to evacuate the building. Parents must return a check-out receipt in order to pick up their child.
Preschool classes are offered during all Sunday morning services: 8, 9:45, and 11:30 a.m. We offer care for children with special needs during the 9:45 a.m. service. For more information, please click here or contact Tammi Gant.
Questions? Contact Kristin Gilbert, 317.875-0282 x175.