"Christ, the Father of all mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Widows Ministry exists to help widows find purpose in the journey of grief. It is designed to:
- Fulfill the Word of God in caring for widows (1 Tim. 5:3-6, 9-10)
- Provide community for women who have experienced the death of their husband
- Lead women in developing the spirit of an overcomer in the face of grief
- Encourage the fulfillment of God's plan for this season of life (1 Tim. 5:13-16)
- Offer support and resources for spiritual growth
- Foster hope through loving care and friendship
Widow Connection is the monthly gathering of widows at College Park as a touch point for community building, friendship, and support. Widow Connection meets on the second Tuesday of each month in the Commons Area of the North Indy campus. Questions? Contact Alma Walker, Widows Ministry Coordinator, , 317.590.5568.