2012 Christmas Offering
With the 2008 Christmas Offering four years ago, the Brookside Initiative was launched. Local Outreach partners like the Midwest Food Bank and Heart Change were just beginning. Funds given helped propel them into the community. Other ministries like Kids Church, CEF, and Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic were able to increase operations and effectiveness from your gifts.
Four years later, with the help of your giving, many volunteers serving, and much prayer, these partners in the Brookside Initiative are reaching many families, single parents, and children with the Gospel. Watch how God has worked:
A passion for Jesus Christ has been ignited in our city through these Local Outreach partners, yet there is more in His plan.
How Your Christmas Offering Gift Will Make A Difference:
- Helps plant a church in Brookside
- Gives heat to students and teachers at the Oaks Academy where students get a Christ-centered education
- Supports a children's director position to minister to children at Heart Change
- Gives a hurting soul a bed to sleep in and a chance to attend a Bible study at Wheeler Ministries
- Gives more children a safe, Christ-centered home through Safe Families when living with their parents is not an option
- Helps Brookside children learn and be mentored by Christians through he Whiz Kids program at Shepherd Community Center
- Allows Life Centers to expand its facilities and thereby expand its influence
- Develops a program coordinator position allowing Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF) to start more Good News Clubs in local schools
- Helps people in need of legal help in the Brookside area receive it with an attorney from the Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic
- Allows Outreach, Inc. to expand its facilities & thereby expand its influence
- Helps Midwest Food Bank purchase a refridgerated food truck enabling them to do disaster relief ministry and aide local churches
- Gives conference scholarships to Cru students to be equipped to reach our city
Read more about how each of these partnerships will invest your gift in the booklet here
Please visit our Strategic Partners page to watch a short video on how each of them would like to invest their portion of the offeirng.
The Christmas Offering was collected on December 16, and over $700,000 was given. Praise God for the generous investment of our people. You may still give online.
Click here for Christmas Offering FAQs.