Awana stands for "Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed" and comes from II Timothy 2:15. The goal of the Awana ministry is to teach children who Jesus is, help them to learn the Word of God and train them to apply the Bible's teachings to their lives. It is our desire to partner with parents in training children to know, love and serve God.
Children’s Ministries Core Values & Mission Statement
Our Mission: Igniting a passion in the next generation to follow Jesus.
How Children’s Ministries Lives Out the College Park Core Values:
- The Pre-eminence of Jesus: Jesus is King
- Authority of the Word: Teaching the Truth
- Redemptive Community: Right Relationships
- Biblical Unity in Diversity: All Together
- Extravagant Grace: Generous Grace
- The Call to Go!: Going to Others
We meet every Wednesday evening from 6:15 - 8:15 p.m. during the school year. Children ages 3 - 12th grade are welcome. Our 2013-2014 calendar can be viewed by clicking here.
Would you like an opportunity to impact eternity? If you have a heart for serving and ministering to children and their families we invite you to be a part of our 2013-2014 team. We have opening for directors, small group leaders, secretaries, and game leaders. Please contact Mary Steele if you would like to receive more information about serving in Awana. It is a tremendous opportunity full of blessings and we don't want you to miss out on this!
Awana Leader Training: Saturday, August 17, from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
- Lunch is included in training
- Childcare is provided
- Register now to attend
All team members are required to fill out an application and have a background check completed. Please fill out the applicable form: Application (18 years old and older), Minor Application (13-17 year olds).
The Awana clubs are broken down below by age:
- Puggles: 2.5-3 years old (Available for Awana and youth worker's children only)
- Cubbies: 3-5 years old
- Must be entering Kindergarten by Fall 2013
- Must be potty trained
- Sparks: Kindergarten - 2nd grade
- T&T: 3rd - 6th graders
- Trek: 7th - 8th graders
- Journey: 9th - 12th graders
For more information, contact , 317.875.0282 x145.